Top shirts back link t-shirtat on 2019/10/06

A teacher can also be respected but not liked. We had a math teacher about 20 years ago who was a Marine. He didn’t put up with any flak. He knew how to yell at a kid. They feared him. Hell, I taught next door to him and I feared him (just a little). I wouldn’t say they loved him. Kids would reminisce about surviving his class. They didn’t really want to get to know him.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Minnie mouse this mom runs on Starbucks and Disney shirt


I opted for a position where less trouble was predicted. I was told by a mother of a friend that if I worked in a volatile setting, I was not to come to their home. Students were tense, fearful, and cautious. The emotional climate was not at all conducive to learning. At the university I attended I witnessed a black student walking on campus as rocks and bottles rained down on her. Students I thought I knew at the university became angry, violent, and hate filled.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Llama is this jolly enough Christmas shirt


I moved to California where I was hired in a community where Jewish people and Black people were not allowed in the Country Club. I was not aware just how deep prejudice existed in the community. I was told by the building principal NOT to attend graduation because it was held at the local country club where I was not permitted to enter. Because I was an Irish Catholic, I was confused. I had an Irish surname. I was told by a faculty member that the principal thought I was Jewish. Students were very kind. They thought I should be allowed to go. I attended graduation.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Samurai Voice Actor shirt


Teachers were asked to attend sensitivity training classes to become familiar with our own prejudice and bias. In those classes I met my first Black Panthers who were passionate about their message but very compassionate toward those of us from the white world who did not understand their plight. I learned to understand how complex our national issues were. My students were in turmoil over the riots that disturbed the cities in our country. They needed guidance to understand the negative aspects of prejudice. Because they lived in multiracial communities, they had what could only be described as “soul” toward each other.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Jack Skellington bone daddy shirt


Another problem surfaced in the 1990’s: the advent of widespread drug use. Again for the benefit of students, I was enrolled in classes designed to alert teachers to possible dangers classes. I learned what marijuana looked like. I learned descriptions of various medications along with their street names. I covered the drug curriculum in a few classes I taught. Several students confessed to me they were using drugs in a recreational way. I watched absenteeism increase. I noticed a few students tried to sleep in class. I was numb watching potential degrade. I decided I would do part of my graduate studies on drug abuse among learning disabled populations in high school.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Stitch I like to stay in bed it’s too peopley outside shirt


Mention must be made of the parents of my students who used drugs. Some were overwhelmed with worry. Of course, I set up counseling for my students who reported parents were “hooked”. One afternoon I decided to do a home visit to see what I could learn about one student grappling with parent drug abuse. I was greeted at the door by my student who said his mom was sick and unable to come to the door. Her bed was in the living room which was the room seen from front door. Her speech was slurred. I am happy to say the children were removed from the home and placed with a loving neighbor.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Breast cancer skeleton you can’t scare me I fight diabetes shirt


Active shooter drills were begun in the 2000’s. My students were quiet and cooperative when we discussed the drill. Students became serious and frightened. Without telling anybody, I decided during an active shooter drill I would place a sign that said storage in the small glass panel in the door. Lights out was standard practice. Checking the hall for students out of their class and pulling them in the nearest class was recommended.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: This witch can be bribed with wine shirt


I had two floor to ceiling bookcases which I filled with heavy text books to be placed in front of the locked classroom door. This was a recommendation from administration. I looked at my student’s faces. They were paralyzed with fear. The following day one of my very large students brought a thick tree limb 8’ long to class. He said “Do not worry. Nobody is coming through the door I have it covered.” I put the limb against the wall behind my desk. The class was emotionally strong.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Cow sometimes God puts us in the dark to show us he is the light shirt


Now that I am retired I am still reminded just how deeply I am affected by school shootings. I passed a junior high two days ago where I noticed three police cars and many cars presumably belonging to parents there to kick up students. I thought it must be a school shooting. I sobbed. I can just imagine how the students feel. It was a sports event I learned.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Official Halloween boo heifer shirt


We didn’t have time to do anything and all of a sudden our ATC slot improved and we needed to go. I made a quick call to Ops to add a second Alternate Airport (this made it legal to depart even though we were out of limits at our destination). Now all I had to do was burn away the extra fuel. There are many available in the market that boast of being complete project management tools but end up being either superficial skeletons or emphasize only one or the other function of project management.
See more: T-shirtat Store

Buy this shirt: Official Pivot Pivot Pivot Friends TV show shirt


Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Top shirts back link t-shirtat on 2019/09/16

I love titties and Michigan Wolverines shirt

Top shirts back link t-shirtat on 2019/09/05